5 Tips for Successful Social Media
Social media might seem tricky, but once you get a hang of it the benefits are well-worth the time and effort.
1. Set up accounts. Social media is constantly coming out with new networking sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and more. See which accounts fit best for your industry and dive in. But be sure not to bite off more than you can chew. The only thing worse than not having social media is having an abandoned social media account.
2. BE PATIENT. Like most great things, social media success takes time. Don’t be discouraged if your following starts off low. Over time and with posting perseverance, your business will gain visibility and momentum. Many people make the mistake of throwing in the towel too soon. Don’t make that mistake!
3. Post interesting and relevant content. People on social media are typically scanning their feeds and dashboards for something to pop out at them. Grab attention with interesting content and pictures to make them gravitate towards you. Here’s a good rule of thumb: if it’s something the genuinely interests you, it might interest your audience too.
4. Interact with your audience. Social media engages businesses on a personal and public setting. This gives businesses a unique voice that can show-off how helpful and personable your business is. Timely responses to social media posts are a must too. That requires constant monitoring.
5. Stay Persistent. Allocate time to manage all your social media networks. Social media will only be as successful as you enable it to be. Your online audience is huge, making your potential to convert friends into customers even greater. The trick to this is consistent posting. Think of social media as a beautiful garden: a garden can’t grow unless you water it. (Unless it’s a cactus garden…but that’s besides the point.)
When done right, social media is an awesome marketing and sales tool. We know that sometimes businesses don’t have the time to manage their social media.
If you’re looking for someone to manage your social media, check out our Mopro Social Media Package. We handle everything for you.
Posted on 03/31/2014 at 11:15:00 AM